Bulls Drowning in Profits: Bears Parched

I mean come on, what does it take to get people to wake up and get with the program these days? I just don’t know anymore. I tell ya, I’m this close to just giving up and telling everyone to piss-off – you’re on your own now brothers and sisters.

Listen, there’s no one more bearish than myself yet I remain long the equity markets. Why, because I’d have lost my ass if I had been flat or short the last 6-years - that’s why.

Every time the Dow is down a few hundred points, I get calls from a slew of nervous Nellie's and Parched Bears filled with respective fear and lust, convinced that a new bear market has begun – and they want to know what I think. I tell them the market is a complete charade and that I couldn't be more bearish, but I’m still long – for now.

Worse than that are the poor souls who are so complacently lost on the hamster wheel of life that they have absolutely no frigging idea where their money is invested, nor do they know or care what the market is doing at all. I call these people the buy & hold no-matter-what crowd – or the sheep waiting for slaughter. Sorry for the political incorrectness, but that’s precisely what most of them are.


Look all of you long-term investors, nervous Nellie’s, and parched Bears, I’m telling you right now - as I have been telling you for the past 10-years, you should never get scared out of the markets too early, but you absolutely must get out of equities when the trends quantifiably turn down - or you will get slaughtered in the next bear market. Quantifiable is the operative term here – and trend changes are not necessarily quantified when the market is down sharply for several days and you find yourself suddenly scared shitless.

Hey, if you want to take profits near these all-time-highs and go to cash, there ain’t nothing wrong with that – by all means, go for it.  However, what do you do then? I suspect you’re still going to want to know when it’s safe to get short – and then of course, after the next blood curdling train wreck gets substantially repaired, you will most assuredly need to know when the coast is clear to get back in on the long side of this manic roller-coaster ride we call the financial markets.

Enter the Long-Term Trend Monitor. This is the platform where long-term trends are mathematically quantified, and clear buy & sell signals are provided well in advance. Outperforming the sheepified buy & hold strategy by orders of magnitude, its track record speaks for itself. Now that you know where the fresh water is, it is up to you to drink it.


Go For It,

Trade Better / Invest Smarter



The Chart Cast Pilot and Elliott Wave Technology’s Guardian Revere Long-Term Trend Monitor are the proud sponsors of this communication.